Pasta sheet, ingredients, formats and fillings
Our pasta sheet
Our pasta sheet is traditional Romagna-style pasta. It is naturally rough, like the hand-made one prepared by the pasta-making “sfogline” of Rimini, also thanks to slow bronze die extrusion at low temperatures.
- It retains all kinds of sauces and toppings
- It has the distinctive aroma of flour and eggs and a characteristic intense yellow colour
- It contains more than 5 eggs per kilo of flour
- It holds together well even some time after cooking or sauces or toppings being added.
To make colour a feature, we use natural plant and meat ingredients such tomato, paprika, spinach, basil and cuttlefish ink – we never use artificial colourings.
For all short, long and filled pasta formats:
- We use the best Italian flours: soft wheat flour, obtained from the heart of the grain, stone-ground flour and durum wheat flour
- We use only top-quality barn eggs, processed in Italy
- We selectingredients that are GM-free, without ionising radiations, free from added preservatives and PDO certified, where possible.
Starting with the careful selection of suppliers, “le Classiche” are made using ingredients that we check meticulously and use the same day. We prefer to purchase them whole and process them in our kitchen.
Our formats and fillings
- Traditional Italian formats, such as meat-filled tortellini
- Typical Italian regional products such as Maremmastyle tortelli based on specific recipes
- Unique fillings created by our imaginative in-house chefs, like one made with ginger and spring vegetables
- Traditional oven products, oven ready products and gnocchi
The variety of fillings includes:
- Meat, including choice cuts of beef and pork, mortadella, cured ham and venison
- Cheese, like Gorgonzola PDO, fossa cheese from Sogliano PDO, Taleggio PDO, Grana Padano PDO, Parmigiano Reggiano PDO, Quartirolo PDO, ricotta, casatella, robiola, smoked provola and pecorino romano
- Vegetables, like artichokes, asparagus, spinach, aubergine, pumpkin and potatoes
- Porcini mushrooms and black truffle
- Fish and shellfish, like hake, mackerel, grouper, salmon, mussels, clams, prawns, lobster, crab and scallops.